Wednesday, April 04, 2007

March 7
My lovely roommate Carly took me to the airport and waited with me until I left.

Leaving Winnipeg, we seemed to sit on the runway for what seemed like FOREVER. The pilot came on and said that there was a traffic jam and we were just waiting for our turn. After awhile he came back on and said that the parking light had come on, and wasn't going off. So, the maintenance people came out and were trying to fix it with no avail, so we had to taxi back to the terminal. Finally after an hour and half we finally took off. Man! Was I getting worried! I needed to be in Vancouver to make my connection, but obviously - everything worked out alright.

March 9
I made it to Taiwan, safe and sound on March 9th (Taiwan time - 12 hours ahead of Winnipeg). I arrived at 5:45am Taiwan time, Faith picked me up at 10am. Before we left though, we needed to make a much needed stop at the Starbucks Coffee upstairs. She was craving some North American coffee.

No comments: