Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Greetings!

I just realized that it's been awhile since I've posted anything about what's going on with me. Well, life has been crazy lately. I thought with quiting my second job and finishing my class before Christmas, my time before my trip would slow down. FAR FROM! God has blessed me with unexpected blessings!
  • We had a great banquet & National Council sessions for CSSM in January. But, that info is below.
  • I was asked to join the Outreach/Evangelism team at my church. I'm very excited to see how I can get involved differently at church. To this point, I've been involved in only areas like youth, C&C and computers. I can't wait to see where God takes me!
  • I've been meeting with three gals from church on Mondays. We are working our way through a book called 'Captivating'. I am looking forward to see where we go with that. Not that the book isn't interesting or anything, but I'm also excited that we are only doing that every second week. On the off weeks, we are getting together and just visiting. I am very much looking forward to getting to know these ladies more!
  • Carly and I are still volunteering once a week at Siloam Mission, downtown Winnipeg. We really enjoy being able to help out!
  • I went to a Jars of Clay concert with my 'twin' and good friend Bonnie. It was a fabulous evening! (She's my twin because she has dark curly hair, just like mine. I've never met anyone with the same hair as mine.)
Time has also been flying due to my weekends being 'eaten' up as I am getting to know a certain 'new' friend in my life. God does bring unexpected surprises to our lives, doesn't he? I don't know what the future holds, but I am having fun in the present - searching for His will. As you may have guessed, I've met a boy! :) His name is James and he lives in SK. So, the last few weeks we have been traveling between his place and Winnipeg as we get to know each other better. Here's some pics from our time together...

SKI-DOOING! YIPEE!

I was very excited to be able to go! It had been a long time! And, he even let me drive!



I've also been busy at work preparing for my vacation. Only 8 sleeps away! I am very much looking forward to my adventure in Taiwan, even though I am scared out of my mind! I've never done anything like this EVER before. I've never been one to take any risks. I've always been quite the 'homebody'. I can't wait to see what happens. I'm also trying to figure out what I need to take AND try to pack in my backpack. Now, that is going to be interesting - the next thing, is going to see if I can carry it on my back with it full. Fun times!

1 comment:

krimels said...

Carolyn, James looks like a nice guy - hope you guys enjoy your time together! I'm so excited that you're going to Taiwan! Say hi to Faith for me!

Melody